Mr Jean-Florent Boineau – Manager
Argelès-sur-Mer Tourist Office France
Mr Benjamin COLLARD – Welcome & Digital Manager
Argelès-sur-Mer Tourist Office
Website creation and hosting:
18 boulevard Maréchal Lyautey, 17000 La Rochelle
Author: any individual who has created content on this website, in particular authors of texts, graphic designers, layout artists and tree structure designers.
Browser: client software used to connect to websites.
Producers: owners of the website, pursuant to Article L.341-1, paragraph 1 of the French Intellectual Property Code.
Website: all resources accessible under the domain name argeles-sur-mer.com
User: visitor to this website and consumer of its information.
2. Database legislation
2.1 The entire website is defined as a database pursuant to the European Union Directive of 11 March 1996 and its transposition into French law in the Law of 1 July 1998 (Article L.341-1 et seq.). As such, the Producer exclusively authorises the use and access defined in paragraph 3 ‘Copyright’ below.
2.2 Any use or extraction of content on the website that is not authorised by the Producer is illegal and punishable in criminal law under the offence of infringement referred to below.
3.1 All content on the website, in particular graphics, wallpapers, images, logos, chips and descriptive elements, are also subject to the Producer’s intellectual property rights under the copyright on this content or on the website as the Author’s work or as a database.
3.2 All texts reproduced on the website are the property of their Authors. These texts are used as per usual copyright conditions as defined by the French Intellectual Property Code and in accordance with the Berne Convention and subsequent international agreements, subject to what is mentioned in the following paragraph.
3.3 Any other use of content on the website requires the agreement of the Producers and Authors in question.
3.4 Any use, even privately, of all or a substantial part of the website requires the agreement of the Producers, pursuant to Article L.342-1 of the French Intellectual Property Code.
3.5 Any breach of copyright rules or database legislation is subject to criminal penalty under the offence of infringement, without prejudice to any claims for damages and interest by the copyright holders.
4. Photo credits
Interaview – Garnements – iStock – Laurent Lacombe – Stéphane Ferrer – Isabelle Fabre – Municipal Tourist Office
5. Hypertext links to this website
5.1 A link to the website can only be set up with the written agreement of the Producers. Requests for a link to the website must be made by e-mail using our contact form.
5.2 The use of a link can only be granted to websites related to the municipal institution and its usual partners, tourism, activities related to tourism, search engines, as well as websites referring to the municipality of Argelès-sur-Mer, excluding those distributing information of a controversial, pornographic or xenophobic nature or which may, to a greater extent, offend or shock the majority of people.
5.3 In all cases, the Producers reserve the right to request the removal of a link if they consider that the referrer (website providing the link) does not comply with the rules defined above.
5.4 Referring websites must keep the Producers informed of important developments and changes to their content, and, where appropriate, the removal of the link.
5.5 The Producers reserve the right to revoke, at any time, their authorisation to provide a link, without having to specify the reason to the website in question.
5.6 The Producers reserve the right to ‘point’ to third-party websites. By accessing these links, the User leaves the website. Target sites are not under the control of the Producers and they are not therefore responsible for the content of these websites, the links they contain or the changes or updates made to them.
5.7 In the event that the ‘outgoing’ links lead to general websites, the Producers reserve the right to modify the link so that it directs the User to the page(s) about the municipality of Argelès-sur-Mer.
6. Personal data
Pursuant to European Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (known as the ‘General Data Protection Regulation’ or ‘GDPR’)
This personal data protection notice (hereinafter referred to as the ‘privacy statement’) describes the commitment of the website www.argeles-sur-mer.com, belonging to Argelès-sur-Mer Tourist Office, Place de l’Europe, 66700 Argelès-sur-Mer, France, SIRET (business registration number) 776 129 306 00010, edited by Mr Jean-Florent Boineau, as a data controller with regard to the respect of privacy and the protection of its Users’ personal data. This privacy statement has been drawn up to inform you of the practices and conditions under which the Argelès-sur-Mer Tourist Office collects, uses and stores your personal data (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Data’).
You will find a description of the various types of ‘Data’ that we may collect and process or that you may transmit to us when you access and/or use the website http://www.argeles-sur-mer.com (the ‘Website’). The term ‘Website’ only refers to the site http://www.argeles-sur-mer.com.
In view of the constant changes to laws and regulations on technology and the protection of personal data, it is likely that this privacy statement will be updated. If you are a User of the Website, you will be informed of any amendments by e-mail.
If any of the clauses in this privacy statement should be declared null and void or contrary to regulations, they will be deemed invalid, but this will not lead to the invalidity of the other clauses in this statement.
This privacy statement applies to ‘Data’ collected:
- By simply browsing on the Website
- Via e-mails exchanged between Argelès-sur-Mer Tourist Office and you, or by any other electronic messaging tool
- When you create a user account on the Website
- When you subscribe to the Website’s Newsletter (the ‘Newsletter’).
It does not apply to information collected by any third parties or through websites managed by these third parties, including via applications or content (including advertisements) redirecting the User to the Website. This privacy statement explains how we process your Data – please read it carefully. We inform you that browsing on our website automatically implies your acceptance of this statement. If you do not agree with the latter, then please leave our Website. It is up to you to check that the Data given to Argelès-sur-Mer Tourist Office is accurate.
- WHAT DATA IS COLLECTED BY THE WEBSITE?
Depending on the nature and purpose of your interaction with Argelès-sur-Mer Tourist Office (creating a user account, subscribing to the Newsletter, providing information on contact forms as well as during any telephone calls), we are likely to collect the following Data:
- You will automatically be asked for your e-mail address if you wish to create a user account, get in touch with us via the contact forms and/or receive our Newsletter.
- You may be asked to provide information about your identity such as your first and last names, e-mail address, postal address and telephone numbers.
- Browsing data: this is Data relating to the way you use the Website, including IP address, browser used, browsing time, search history, operating system used, language and pages viewed.
- Data about your visits to the Website: includes traffic data, log files and other communication resources or data that you use when accessing the Website.
- Order Data: your postal address is necessary for preparation of invoices. Similarly, details of your bank account, PayPal account or account with other financial partners must be provided in order to proceed with payment of your order.
- Data about the use of social networks when you use their features.
- HOW IS YOUR DATA COLLECTED?
Data may be collected in different ways on the Website. Data may be collected directly when transferring it to us via the contact form, user account creation form and Newsletter subscription form available on the Website and/or communicated when contacting us by telephone. When you contact us by these various methods, a copy of your interaction with the Argelès-sur-Mer Tourist Office, including e-mail addresses, may be made and stored. The Argelès-sur-Mer Tourist Office also collects certain Data indirectly by means of cookies/trackers.
- WHY IS YOUR DATA COLLECTED?
If you are a simple User, we collect your Data to:
- Send you our Newsletter and/or personalised sales offers if you have consented to them
- Manage your requests sent via the contact page
- Allow you to leave a review of the products and/or the Website
- Inform you of changes to the Website or our product and service offers
- Comply with our rights and obligations stipulated in the contracts entered into with Users as well as for any other legal purpose.
- Analyse traffic and data on the Website to measure the number of Users of the Website, to make it easier to use and to ensure it is able to respond quickly to your requests.
- Make browsing safe and improve your user experience, including by recognising the username and password you have already provided so that you do not need to enter them if you log on to a private area of the Website. Refusing cookies and trackers will mean that you cannot log on to this part of the Website (identification impossible).
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file stored on the hard drive of your terminal (computer or phone) at the request of the server managing the website visited. It contains information about browsing carried out on the pages of the website. Its aim is to facilitate subsequent use of the website by the same person and to provide the best browsing experience.
How do cookies work?
On your computer, it is your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) that manages cookies. It receives the order to save them from the server (the principle of cookies is part of the HTTP (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol) used for data exchange on the Internet). It is the browser that saves them and also the browser that allows you to control them as you wish. You can prevent cookies from being saved (but then you will not be able to access certain features of the website). Your browser allows you to find, list and delete them. Even if you do not delete them, they will disappear because they have an expiry date of several months or ‘end of session’, i.e. the moment you leave the website you were visiting.
Configuring your browser
You can allow or block cookies with the appropriate settings on your browser. Here is how to configure settings to accept cookies on the most commonly used browsers:
For Internet ExplorerTM: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- WHO PROCESSES YOUR DATA?
Your Data is processed by the staff and employees of Argelès-sur-Mer Tourist Office who are responsible for:
- Managing requests for information
- Managing support services to answer all your questions
- Sending out the Newsletter if you have authorised us to do so.
Furthermore, as part of our business and for processing purposes, your Data may be passed on to sub-contractors, service providers or other third parties, in particular to:
- Mailjet SAS (for e-mailing)
- Google Analytics (for analysis of the Website’s audience).
All parties involved abide by a confidentiality agreement regarding the use and processing of personal data.
To send out our Newsletters, our e-mailing campaigns are managed through the services of Mailjet SAS, 13 bis rue de l’Aubrac, 75012 Paris, France.
All of the aforementioned sub-contractors, service providers, partners or other third parties are bound by contractual obligations to respect privacy and data protection and to process it only for the purposes for which we pass it on to them.
Your Data may be passed on to any buyer or other successor in the event of merger, assignment, restructuring, reorganisation, dissolution or other sale or transfer of all or part of the assets of the Argelès-sur-Mer Tourist Office, due to uncertainties or in the event of bankruptcy, liquidation or other procedures in which the Data of Users of the Argelès-sur-Mer Tourist Office is among the transferred assets.
Finally, we may also disclose your Data:
- To comply with any mandate required by applicable laws, including governmental and regulatory requests
- If we believe that disclosure is made necessary or is required to protect the rights, property or safety of the Argelès-sur-Mer Tourist Office, its clients or other stakeholders.
This possible disclosure includes the exchange of information with other companies and organisations for the purpose of protecting against fraud and counterfeit.
The Website may contain links to various sites and social network platforms managed on third-party servers by persons or organisations over which the Argelès-sur-Mer Tourist Office has no control. As a result, we cannot in any way be held responsible for the way that your Data will be stored or used on the servers of these third parties. We advise you to read the applicable personal data protection notice of each third-party website that you access via our Website in order to assess the way in which your Data will be used.
- HOW LONG IS YOUR DATA KEPT?
Argelès-sur-Mer Tourist Office only keeps your Data for the time needed for the purposes set out in Clause 3. The period that the Data is kept depends on the Data in question and may vary according to the nature and purpose of collection. Similarly, some legal obligations impose a specific period of time.
When you subscribe to the Newsletter, we keep your e-mail address until you unsubscribe.
When you get in touch with the Argelès-sur-Mer Tourist Office using the contact form or when you contact us by phone, your data may be stored:
– For up to one (1) year from your last contact if you do not have a customer account or an order placed on the Website or with our company
– For up to ten (10) years (legal duration) from the last order placed on the Website, if this information is about this order
– In all other cases, the period that the exchanged Data is kept for may not exceed three (3) years.
If you make a request to delete personal data, your user account on the Website will be deactivated and anonymised, and then completely deleted after the above-mentioned periods from the date that you made the request. Finally, the Data collected by means of cookies or trackers will be kept for up to six (6) months for cookies or trackers measuring audience and up to thirteen (13) months for the others. After the aforementioned periods, your Data will be anonymised and be kept exclusively for statistical purposes.
- HOW IS YOUR DATA PROTECTED?
Your Data is stored on a secure server protected by a firewall and antivirus software. We have put in place technical and organisational measures to ensure the security and confidentiality of your Data against accidental loss and against unauthorised access, use, modification and disclosure. However, due to the inherent characteristics of the Internet, it is impossible for us to guarantee the optimal security of data exchanges on this network. While we strive to protect your Data, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of information transmitted to the Website. You agree that you transmit your Data at your own risk. We cannot be held responsible for non-compliance of privacy settings or security measures in place on the Website. As such, you agree that the security of your information is also your responsibility. For example, it is up to you to keep the password for your user account secret. Do not disclose it to third parties under any circumstances. Likewise, be careful when disclosing information in the public sections of the Website which can be consulted by any User of the Website.
- WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
You can choose how the Data you send us is used:
- You may browse the Website without providing any Data. As appropriate, you will not be able to use certain features of the Website and, in particular, make purchases (if you are a simple User) and/or downloads from the Website.
- You can decide to no longer receive the Newsletter and our personalised offers: you just need to click on the link in any e-mail sent to you.
In addition, subject to the conditions provided by said regulations for the exercise of these rights, you benefit from:
- The right to erase of your Data (except for accounting data which is required to be kept for ten years by French law – Article L.123-22 of the French Commercial Code).
- The right to restrict the processing of your Data.
- The right to object to the processing of your Data on legitimate grounds, in accordance with Article 21 of the GDPR.
- The right to portability of the Data you have provided (for automated processing based on consent or the execution of a contract).
- The right to withdraw consent where you have been asked to give it. Where your Data is processed on the basis of your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
However, you acknowledge that the processing carried out prior to withdrawing your consent remains fully valid. You also have the right to object without reason to the Argelès-sur-Mer Tourist Office carrying out an analysis of your Data in order to share it for marketing purposes.
However, in accordance with Article 12.6 of the GDPR, to exercise these rights, the Argelès-sur-Mer Tourist Office, as the data controller, reserves the right to ask you to prove your identity. We inform you that the Data allowing us to prove your identity will be deleted once we have responded to your request. You may exercise these rights by sending an e-mail in French to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following address:
OFFICE DE TOURISME, Place de l’Europe, 66700 Argelès-sur-Mer, France.
We have a period of one month to respond to any request relating to the exercise of your rights. This period may be extended by two months due to the complexity or excessive number of requests.
- STORAGE OF DATA COLLECTED BY ARGELÈS-SUR-MER TOURIST OFFICE
The Data collected from use of the Website is stored exclusively on a server located in Europe (France), hosted by RACCOURCI AGENCY, 18 boulevard Maréchal Lyautey, 17000 La Rochelle, France.
7.1 The content on the Website is the sole responsibility of its Authors. Responsibility for information, comments and opinions contained therein lies entirely with them. The Producers cannot be held responsible as a result of said information, comments and opinions.
7.2 The Producers cannot be held responsible for any material errors that may have slipped into documents on the Website, despite all the care taken in their publication.
7.3 Nor can the Producers be held responsible for information, comments and opinions expressed on websites which content points to by hypertext links and over which they have no editorial control.
7.4 Nor can the Producers be held responsible for data transmission faults due to the various Internet networks or incompatibilities due to the User’s Browser.
8. Technical recommendations
The Producers have made every effort to ensure optimal compatibility of access to its Website.
9. Online sales
9.1 The Producers have no responsibility for the online booking process. Their role is to relay information (availability of accommodation) managed by a partner company: Alliance Réseaux.
9.2 The Open System availability and booking system was developed and is owned by Alliance Réseaux (www.alliance-reseaux.com).
9.3 Access to Open System availability and bookings for each provider is displayed in their details from the time that they sign up to the system. Only booking links leading to the Open System are displayed on the Producers’ Website.
9.5 The purpose of this website is to put Internet users in touch with tourist accommodation and facilities in Argelès-sur-Mer.
9.6 Alliance Réseaux is a technical partner that provides the technology to tourist accommodation and facilities wishing to offer holiday accommodation and activities to Internet users.
9.7 Alliance Réseaux does not in any way take part in the organisation or marketing of stays in tourist accommodation. Tourist accommodation providers take sole and complete responsibility for the marketing of tourist stays, according to the terms outlined in the ‘General conditions of sale’ of each establishment.
9.8 The ‘Bons Plans’ section on the Website is reserved for providers who have subscribed to the Open System. Each ‘Bon Plan’ is communicated to the Producers by the provider that is offering it. The Producers are not in any way responsible for this information.